Thursday, August 22, 2019

Spotting at O'Hare - Part I

So after the Air Show, I decided to stop at O'Hare to catch some planes as they were coming in.  They were coming in from east, so I could go over to Schiller Park to spot from the train station.  I really like the shots I get from there.
 I barely made it time to catch this plane.  It is an A330neo flying for TAP Air Portugal.  TAP Air Portugal is the flag carrier for Portugal and has daily flights out of Lisbon.  It was founded in 1946.  The A330neo is the next generation of the A330.  It is engined with more fuel efficient engines.  And TAP Air Portugal was the first customer to receive them.
 American is one of two airlines that consider O'Hare to be one of their hub cities.  As a result, I saw a bunch of American Airlines planes.  This one was arriving from Charlotte, North Carolina which is another one of their hubs.
 An American 787 arrives from London's Heathrow Airport.
 United Airlines is the other airline that considers O'Hare to be a hub.  Much like Delta is synonymous with Atlanta, United is the same with Chicago.  This is a 767 that was coming in from London as well.
 One of the reasons why I like O'Hare is that I get an opportunity to see many planes that I wouldn't see in Detroit.  I also get to see other airlines.   I used to see at least one 777 in Detroit but I think that flight has ended (or they may use the A350 for it).  I never see Turkish Airlines.  This particular flight was coming in from Istanbul.
 Another 787.
 This one was arriving from Marco Polo Airport in Venice Italy.  Marco Polo was a Venetian explorer that establish trading routes with the Chinese.  While he wasn't the first European to travel to China, he was the first write extensively about it.
 A Scandanavian Airlines A330 arriving from Copenhagen.
 A United E175 arriving from Grand Junction, Colorado.
 Since I couldn't make out the tail number on this one, I don't know where it was coming from but I would imagine it was a littler airport.
 A 737 coming in from St. Louis.
 There are some planes that you wouldn't expect to see flying into O'Hare and this was one of them.  It is a Cessna 402 flying in from Decatur.  It belongs to Cape Air.
 A CRJ-700 coming in from San Antonio.
 It's nice to see different Fed Ex planes.  I normally just see the MD-11/DC-10 or 757 but it was nice to see a 767.
 Another angle of that plane.
 Another plane I couldn't make out the tail number.
 A United A319 arriving from Dallas-Fort Worth.
 An American 737 arriving from Tucson.
 A frontal shot of a United 777 coming in from San Francisco.
 Another Amerian 737 coming in from Denver.
 I'm not sure where this one was coming in from.
 An A319 from San Antonio.
 I was happy to catch a 757.  I like to catch these in liveries other than Delta.
 There was still quite a bit of moisture in the air.
 This 757 was arriving from Los Angeles.
 A Lufthansa A340 coming in from Munich.  At some point, they are going to have flights to Detroit from Munich.  I think they are going to use the A350 though.
 Alaska Airlines planes used to say "Proudly All Boeing", then they bought Virgin Airways.  Now they have some Airbuses.  I'm not sure where this A319 was arriving form.

 A pair of planes on the other runway.
 An A330 belonging to Aer Lingus coming in from Dublin.
 This 737 was arriving from Miami.
 Not sure where this plane was coming in from.
 Or this one.
 An A321 coming in from Charlotte.
 This 737 was arriving from St. Louise.
 Los Cabos.
 And this one was coming in from Kansas City.
And Nassau.

No comments: