Friday, May 13, 2022

A Lovely Night on the Rouge River

 I ended up working remotely today.  I was half tempted to see how well the mobile hotspot on my phone worked but I decided against that.  I still took a look to see what ships would be passing after I got out of work.  I saw that there would be one heading up the Rouge River.  I ended up heading that way after dinner.

I didn't think that I would be able to catch her at the Fort Street Bridge, so I didn't take my drone with me.  That would have been true if she didn't have to stop for a rail bridge.
Oh well, it was a little on the windy side and I'm not sure I wanted to mess with my drone with a wind over the Rouge River.
She was coming down from Marquette with a load of taconite.
She would be heading to the steel mill.
I'm glad that I went because the light was just about perfect for me.
I just wish the water were a little calmer because it would have been a nice night for a reflection.
Oh well, I guess I can enjoy the cloudless night and the perfect angle for the sun.
I just love catching ships on the Rouge River.
They come so close and the background is a little more interesting that the usual background.
I can get a fair amount of different angles.
I guess I got a little bit of a reflection.
I like to see the little bit of steam coming from the stack.
I like this angle.
a shot of the pilothouse as she approaches the bridge.
A shot of the bow.
The Interlake flag flying proudly in the breeze.
The hatch crane.
Her rear area.
Her stack.
One of the crewman making sure she is staying a safe distance from the bridge.
And a shot of her flag as she passes by.  Normally I would get shots as she enters the dock for the steel mill but I would have been shooting into the sun.  So I didn't get those shots tonight.


No comments: