Saturday, May 14, 2022

And the American Mariner

 This was the other ship that I was pretty sure I could catch.  She was heading upbound from Detroit.

This is the American Mariner and she is heading up to Marquette where I presume she will be picking up taconite.
She is about to pass the Indian Harbor.
I kind of like the skies in this one.
One more shot at Algonac.
Then I headed up to Marine City.  There were a bunch of my pictures that I couldn't use because of heat haze and humidity.
It was kind of shame because I really liked the light.  I liked some of the pictures that I did get.
The sky looked pretty cool though.
I think she has been hauling stone this year.  At least that is what her hull would indicate.
There are some pinks in the sky.
The beam shot.
She continues on.
One more shot because I like the sky here.
I got dinner from "Chicken in the Rough" in Port Huron.  I had the walleye and it was pretty good.  That gave me some time to catch the American Mariner as she passed Port Huron.
Unfortunately, the sun was behind some clouds, otherwise I would have been getting "golden light" shots.
She starts to make the turn for the channel.
I like the angles here.
Unfortunately, my exposure went a little nuts.
So I didn't get the bow shot.
She is pushing some wake.
I like the pinks in the sky.
Framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
I really like this shot.
A shot of her pilothouse.
What would be the beam shot.
And in about 30 hours, she'll be in Marquette.


No comments: