Saturday, May 21, 2022

Catching a New Tug

 As I was getting ready to leave, I saw that there was a tug heading up.  I thought it was the tug Michigan and her barge the Great Lakes Trader.  As I was happy to catch a second vessel, I decided to wait.

Turns out that it wasn't the Michigan and her barge the Great Lakes Trader.  It was another tug called the Michigan.
This tug was owned and built by Great Lakes Towing and I think it is fairly new.
I'm not sure if it is this year new or last year new but it looks new.
It appears to be the same class as the Ohio tug that was built a couple of years ago.
Even though I hate to see the older tugs go, I'm guessing that these are more powerful and more fuel efficient.
anyway, they look pretty cool.
The sun came out as I was taking this picture.
One more with my normal camera.
I decided to switch to my drone.
I didn't take it too far up because I didn't the tug to get lost.
I'll have to say that it looks pretty cool.
The beam shot.
It was moving slow enough that I was able to get ahead of it again.
Another beam shot.
And it heads up to Lake Huron.  I'm not sure where it is heading though.  Based on Marine Traffic, it might be heading to Bay City.  I think it is going to link up with a ship in one of my next posts.


No comments: