Saturday, May 14, 2022

Catching Up With the Indiana Harbor

 I was going to head down to Ottawa Wildlife Preserve today but as I looked at the sky I figured it would be a better ship sky than bird sky.  So I ended up heading over to the St. Clair River were I knew there were at least two ships passing.  It started to rain on the way over but I looked to the west and saw that it was going to let up for me, so I continued.

I caught my first ship as she was passing Marine City.
The ship in question was the Indiana Harbor.  She is one of thirteen 1000 footers that sail on the Great Lakes.
I think she is kind of a nice looking ship.
The clouds kind of gave me a nice backdrop but not as nice as I thought they would.
The Indiana Harbor is heading down to Conneaut, Ohio.
I presume she would have a load of iron ore.
One of the reasons that I like the Indiana Harbor.
I wish I could find this in a bumper sticker.
She continues down the river.
I decided to head over to Algonac to get more pictures of her.
The clouds were a little more cooperative.
I like this picture.
She passes by the park.
I really like this picture.
And I leave you with more reminder to keep the Lakes Great.


No comments: