Sunday, May 22, 2022

Catching the M.S. Westcott

I decided to head down to Riverside Park to do some boatwatching today.  It was a bit of an adventure to get there.  They are still working on the other part of the park and from what I saw it will look pretty nice once it is complete.  The road leading to Riverside is a bit of a mess though.  But it's a nice spot for boatwatching.

As I was waiting to catch my first ship, I caught the M.S. Westcott coming back from a salty.
This is not a new boat.  It used to be known as the Huron Maid and was acquired by the Westcott folks a couple of years ago.
Over the winter, they repainted her to look like the mailboat.
They also renamed her the M.S. Westcott which stands for Mildred Simpson Westcott.
Mildred Simpson Westcott was the woman who married John W. Wescott.  He was the son of the founder of the J.W. Westcott Company.
Anyway, it was pretty cool to catch this boat.
 

No comments: