Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Catching Up With the Cuyahoga

 It wasn't too long before my next ship appeared.

This is a ship I would like to catch a few more times this year.  I can't believe it is almost June and I've only caught her once this season.
With the scrapping of the Manistee, the Cuyohoga remains the last of a dying breed.
Namely the breed of old time lakers.
Given the condition of her paint, I'm thinking that she is not long for this world.
I heard that her certification is due this year.
I'm not sure that Lower Lakes is going to want to pay for another five years of service.
But you never know because they get alot of work out of her.
She passes by the park or at least she was starting to.
I had to get some pictures of her with my drone.
Like I said, she is looking rough.
She apparently was delivering stone.
She passes under the Ambassador Bridge.
I'd swear that I need a tetanus shot just to watch her.
The Ambassador Bridge in the back ground.
I kind of like this shot.
Getting close to the beam shot.
The beam shot.
She passes.
She starts to make her turn for her destination.
Which is the stone dock just past the bridge.
I think she is kicking her bow thrusters a bit.
She makes the turn in the river.
Another beam  shot. with one of the new bridge supports.
I didn't stick around much longer.
ONe more before heading back to the car.


No comments: