Saturday, October 29, 2022

The Alpena Approaches Her Dock in Muskegon

 I saw on Facebook that the Sykes was entering Grand Haven and the Alpena was heading to Muskegon.  I looked up the Alpena on AIS and I saw that I would have time to head over there to try and catch her even though I had a couple errands to run.

Well, I didn't catch the Alpena heading into Muskegon but I knew that I might be able to catch her as she approached her dock.
And sure enough, I was able to.  There is a little park that is right next to the cement plant where she unloads in Muskegon.
It was a nice day.
The light was just about right too.  Illuminated her perfectly.
I decided to switch over to my drone.  I was close to a no-no zone, so I made sure to stay outside of that.
She was moving fairly slow, so I had plenty of chances to get different angles.  The reflection in the water is almost perfect.
The little disturbance on the left hand side is from her bow thruster.
She is adjusting to get into her dock.
Pulled up a little bit.
In the background is the McKee Sons.  It was a ship before it became a barge for a while.  I think it is being used for a storage barge now.
Probably my favorite of the day.
Another adjustment.
She moves closer to her dock.
I was trying to adjust but I couldn't pull back much further.
Watching her go in.
Pulling back.
And then I decided to go over to the other side.
Not sure what the green piles are.
She gets closer.
And one more.  You can see the LST in the background.  I might have to go back to get pictures of that someday.


No comments: