Monday, October 31, 2022

The CSL Assiniboine Passes By

 This was the first ship that I caught.

The CSL Assiniboine is the one on the right.  The next ship I would see is on the left and more about that one later.
I'm not sure where she was heading from but I know that she had just delivered something.
She was heading up to Two Harbors where this she would probably be picking up taconite.
I think that means that she would be heading to Nanticoke.
Be she could be going to other places for transhipping to Europe.
Anyway, it was nice to see her because I think she was one of the last ships built in Canada.
She was built in Quebec City.
It was little foggy still.
And a haze hung over everything.
There was also some sort of fishing tournament and that meant I heard her horn quite a bit.
then I switched to my drone.  It was a little tricky because I was in the shadow of the Ambassador Bridge.
She approaches the drone.
I kind of like this shot.

The beam shot.
She heads off towards Belle Isle.
And the fog.
It was pretty cool.
I was hoping I would catch a downbound ship.
I love the surrealism.
One more.


No comments: