Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Catching the Kaye Barker

 This is one of the ships that brough me to Riverside Park.

Actually, two of them are in the same picture.  On the left is the stern view of the Philip R. Clarke.  I said on AIS that she was heading to Windsor.  Little did I realize, there was another ship waiting in her spot, so she had to go wait in the anchorage.  The other ship didn't finish until much later, so I didnt' catch the Clarke coming in.
The other ship was the Kaye E. Barker.
She was coming down from Marquette with a load of taconite.
She was delivering that taconite to Dearborn.
If I didn't have other things to catch, I would have gone to catch her on the Rouge River.
But she looked pretty cool in the haze.
It was starting to burn off.
Probably my favorite view.
So I have a couple pictures of that.
One without so much clutter in the back.
One more.
And then I switched to my drone.
It was starting to get nice out, so the river started to look like it's normal color.
I kind of like this picture.
She gets a little closer.

The almost beam shot.
And the beam shot.


No comments: