Sunday, November 6, 2022

The Alpena Unloads in Essexville

 Last night I saw that the Alpena was heading up to Essexville.  She was moving fairly slow because of the high winds.  As I result, I figured that I had a chance to catch her there.

I wasn't able to catch her coming in but I could get close enough to the dock in order to catch some drone shots of her.
I will have to admit, this is probably my favorite thing about having the drone.  I wouldn't have considered taking docked shots in the past.
I wasn't too happy about the winds though.  They made this a little more difficult.
But still, the lighting was just about right.
This wasn't outside of my range but I did have to tack in order to get the drone back.
The winds weren't steady either.
I was able to get some altitude without too much whining.
I like this shot.
Trying to get a beam shot.
And a beam shot.
Bringing the drone back.
Trying to get a bow shot.
Then I went over to the park nearby to get some shots with my regular camera.
I think I like this one the best.
One more.
I decided to head back to the plant to get some more shot.
This is probably my favorite.
Taking it up.
From an angle.
I can't decide which one I like better.  This one or the one I said was my favorite.
The Manitou was in front, so I decided to get some pictures of her.
One more before leaving.


No comments: