Saturday, November 19, 2022

The Alpena on a Cold and Windy Day

 And of course, this is the ship I was interested in catching.

The Alpena was coming down from Alpena.  I saw that she was coming down last night.
It seems that she had to ride along the coast because it was pretty windy last night.
It was pretty windy today too.
While that made for nice pictures, it also made it colder than it had to be.
But I like the wave action when it is windy like this.
What I didn't understand is why this was the first picture that I got without heat haze.
I think I was getting heat haze because the water is much warmer than the air and that causes distortion.
Oh well, at least it isn't as bad as the same in the summer.
She passes Windsor.
I kind of liked the backdrop, so I kept some of the pictures.
I really like this picture, especially with the wave crashing on the bow.
Another one that I like.
She starts to approach the Ambassador Bridge.
I kind of like this picture.  It looks timeless.
She continues on.
Another one with the wave crashing on the bow.
She was heading to the cement plant next to Del Ray park.  Sadly, Del Ray is closed right now, otherwise I would have thought about going there.
One more before getting back in the warm car.


No comments: