Saturday, December 10, 2022

The Kaye E. Barker Unloads at the Carmeuse Limestone Docks

 After stopping at Belanger, I wanted to get some better pictures of the Cuyahoga.  I ended up heading up Jefferson to get to Riverside Park.

As I was crossing the Jefferson Avenue Bridge, I noticed a ship on the right.
It was actually one that I hoped to catch but didn't think I would be able to.  Imagine my surprise as I saw her right next to the bridge.
My only regret is that I didn't bring my drone because it was much calmer than I thought it was going to be.
I've seen ships here before but I didn't know what dock it was.
Turns out that it is the Carmeuse limestone dock.  So I assume that the Barker was unloading limestone here.
Had to get a picture of the boom.
As I was heading back to my car.
Getting other angles because she is a beautiful ship.
She is far enough out that it is almost like she is moving.
And about where I started.
And one more.


No comments: