Sunday, June 11, 2023

A Rainy Evening for a Freighter of a Different Sort

I was going to go out boatwatching but my 30 minute nap turned into a two hour nap and I had a bit of a headache.  As I looked outside, it looked like rain was threatening.  Then I looked at Flight Radar and saw a couple of interesting flights for me, so I decided to head over to the airport.

The airport is always good for me when I don't feel like doing much of anything else.
First up was Fed Ex Flight 505 out of Memphis.  I think it has been a while since I've caught the MD-11.  It seems like it has been the 767 lately.
I like catching Flight 505 because of the Rolling Stones song.
Next up was a 717.  The 717 is the descendant of the DC-9.  Some say the DC-9 revolutionized air travel more than the 707.  I'm not sure but I think it made jets more accessible to more airports.
This particular plane was coming in from Grand Rapids.  While not the shortest Delta flight, it has to be pretty close.
An Airbus A319 coming in from Houston.
It was followed by an A320 coming in from Windsor Locks.
The other plane that I was waiting for.
Of course it is a Boeing 757.  It also happens to be my favorite.
It will be a sad day when these are no longer flying.
This particular one was coming in from the Land of Disney.
Which would be Santa Ana Airport.
And that is all for today.

No comments: