Friday, June 9, 2023

The Maxima Makes a Return

 So I was looking through Facebook and I saw a ship that I wanted to catch.  I looked it up on Marine Traffic and saw that she would passing Detroit at a time that I could catch her.

So I had dinner and then I headed down to Riverside Park.  It was a fairly nice night and Riverside Park was fairly busy.  I'm glad that I was able to get a spot.
The ship in question was the Maxima which is a ship that is owned by Wagenborg of Holland.
This is the second time she has been on the Great Lakes as she was on the Great Lakes last year.
I was able to get pictures of her last year, but they weren't the greatest as she was passing fairly early and I was shooting into the sun.
Anyway, I missed as she passed Detroit on the way to Chicago.  It was during the week.
Last weekend, I was thinking of heading up to Mackinaw City to catch her as she passed under the Bridge but I didn't.  It was probably a good thing I didn't as there are forest fires as I head up that way.
She was heading up to Duluth, so it looked like I would have one more chance to catch her.
I was glad to catch her under the golden light because she is a neat looking ship.
For some reason, she reminds me of a modern version of a classic laker.
She picked up beets in Duluth and is now heading to Amsterdam.
That trip will take her 20 days.
I can't imagine that.
A relatively clean shot of her.
And another.
The M.S. Westcott pulls up alongside her for the pilot transfer.
I kind of like this shot.
She continues on.
about to pass under the Ambassador Bridge.
The Ambassador Bridge in the background.
This is probably one of my favorite shots down here.
She continues under the bridge.
One more under the bridge.
And she passes.
The Westcott about to peel away from her.
The Gordie Howe Bridge in the background.
One more.


No comments: