Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Catching the Saginaw

I originally thought this was a "catching up" post because I thought it's been a while since I've seen the Saginaw.  But it's only been a month.  Oh well, she is a favorite and I was happy to see her.

I was going to go out boatwatching on Saturday but I wasn't feeling particularly well and the people driving near me didn't help.  So I headed back home.  It would have been a nice day for it too.
I saw that I had a chance to catch a couple on Sunday and  this was one I really couldn't pass on, so I headed out.
I think she was heading up from Detroit but I'm not 100% sure because I didn't see her earlier in the day.
I think she was hidden by some other ships.  That sometimes happens on Marine Traffic.
She is still sporting the patch on her side.  I wonder if they are going to give it a proper paint job.  I think she is coming due for her five year certificate.
She was heading up to Calcite.
Which means she was going up for stone or to get stoned, one of the two.
I think that is in line with what she was built to do.
She is a nice looking boat.
But she looks like she needs some love.
But I think Lower Lakes keeps her pretty busy.
She makes her way for Lake Huron.
Passes under the Blue Water Bridge.
I like this shot.
the beam shot.
She passes by.
Her deck house.
Her stack.
she continues on her way to Calcite.



No comments: