Saturday, July 8, 2023

A Repeat Customer

 As I was looking at the ships that were passing, I saw that I had a chance to catch the Wilfred Sykes as she entered Cleveland.  I was entertaining the idea of going down there until I looked at the weather.  It looked like the weather that made my trip to Port Huron fun would have followed me all the way to Cleveland.  So I decided to head up to Port Huron.

The Oberstar was the deciding factor.
She is another classic laker and I think she looks almost as nice as the Sykes.
Interlake seems to take care of their boats and I think they look pretty close to the condition that the Sykes and Block are maintained in.
She was heading down from Marquette.
That means she had a load of taconite.
That also means that she was on her way to Dearborn.
I kind of wish I could have caught her on the Rouge River but she would be passing in the dark.
Oh well, I was happy to catch her here.
The weather had cleared up a little bit.
But the sky still looked cool.
The bow shot.
She makes the turn for the channel.
I kind of like this angle.
She is framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
She continues on her way.
I like the sky in the background.
The beam shot.
A shot of her pilothouse.
And her deckhouse.
Her stack.  The steam is from her scrubbers.
She continues down the river.   From this point, she is about 7 hours from her destination.


No comments: