Wednesday, July 12, 2023

And a Nice Bookend to the Weekend

 And this ship makes a good bookend to the weekend.

I caught as she was downbound on Saturday.  She was heading down to the River Rouge Steel Mill with a load of taconite.
She made her delivery and now she was heading to pick up another load.
I think she was heading up to Port Calcite.
If that is the case, she would be going to pick up stone.
I like the fact that Interlake added scrubbers to their ships.
Not only does it help with pollution.  It looks cool.  It looks like she is still a steamship.
The bow shot.
She makes a turn for the channel.
Just about catching the golden light.
I do like the way the sun is hitting the hull though.
She is starting to pass under the bridge.
Framed by the Bridge.
Tightened up.  I like this shot.
She continues on her journey to Lake Huron.
As much of a beam shot as I could get here.
Her pilot house, I love the look of classic lakers.
Her deck house.
And she gets out on Lake Huron.


No comments: