Monday, July 31, 2023

Catching Up With the Great Republic

 Next up is the first moving ship that I caught.

I saw that the Great Republic was heading down from one of the stone ports to Detroit.
I figured that Riverside Park would be a good place to catch her.  It wasn't too warm but it wasn't too busy when I got there.  Things picked up during the day.
She was heading to a spot on the Rouge River but I'm not quite sure where.
Since she was designed for the Cuyahoga River, the Rouge would be a piece of cake for her.
She is one of a few ships that has four bow thrusters.  That helps her to navigate the windiness of Cuyahoga River.
She has windows in the back of her pilothouse so that the pilot has a good view when backing up as well.
That makes her a fairly versatile ship and she is kept fairly busy.
That being said, I don't get to see her as often as I would like.
The clouds looked pretty cool.
One more shot with my regular camera.
It was a little on the windy side but not too bad.  I was able to launch my drone.
I kind of like this shot.
She is approached by the Westcott.
I kind of like this shot.
She moves forward.
The Westcott at her side.
The Westcott moving with her.
The beam shot.
She continues down the river.
One more shot.


No comments: