Monday, July 3, 2023

The American Mariner Passes Port Huron

Like I said in my last post, after dilly dallying for most of the day, I decided  to head up to Port Huron to catch a ship.  Sometimes life throws me a bonus.
I was not expecting to see this ship, I thought she was still further away.  In fact, I didn't expect to see her before the ship I went up to see.  I'm fine with that.  I ended up going to my spot where I get decent shots of downbound ships.
The American Mariner was coming down from Port Dolomite.
Port Dolomite is just east of Cedarville and about 15 miles west of De Tour Village.
There is a quarry there and I think they mine dolomite stones there.
Dolomite has several uses.  I think it mostly used for an aggregate but it has other uses.
Port Dolomite is roughly 19 hours from Port Huron.
This particular ship was heading down to Marine City where they have a stone dock.
It was pretty cool to see.
She goes through her paces entering the channel.
The bow shot.
She makes the turn for the channel.
I like this angle.
She passes the Blue Water Bridge.
About as much of a beam shot as I'm going to get here.
A shot of her pilothouse.
She continues down the river.
I like the clouds in front of her.
One more shot before getting in position for the next ship.


No comments: