Saturday, July 15, 2023

A Trip to Shiawassee

 I was thinking about heading up to Mio today but I got a late start because I was kind of waffling because of the rain.  Also, when I got to US-23, it was backed up, so I took the back roads.  By the time I got to Saginaw, it was late, so I decided to head to Shiawassee instead.  It was a nice enough day for it.

First up is a song sparrow.
Kind of a cool looking bird.
Next up is a bird I've wanted to get a decent picture of for a while.  They are very elusive though.
I think I was able to do that though.
This is a belted kingfisher.
I like the top of it.
Next up is an egret.
One taking off.
I kind of like this one just sitting on a stump.
A heron.
A puddle duck.
I like the red eyes.
Another eagle.
A thistle.  These look cool when they are blooming.
A swallow.
That is looking at me.
But this made my day.
He was just sitting there.
The tree wasn't particularly tall, so he wasn't towering over everything.
Letting other birds know.
the light was just about perfect.
One more shot.
Another heron.
Queen Anne's lace.
Different angles of it.

I kind of like this angle.

Even though I didn't end up where I wanted to go, I still had a pretty nice day.

No comments: