Monday, July 10, 2023

First Up...the Kaye E. Barker in Marine City

 So yesterday, I saw that it was going to be a pretty good day on the river but later in the day.  That was just fine with me.  The only problem is that I missed this ship where I wanted to catch her.

I knew that I wasn't going to catch her in Port Huron.  I dallied too long.
For the most part, that is okay though.  There isn't really a bad spot on the St. Clair River.
I kind of like the backdrop here.
I just wish the bow shot were closer.
But it's close enough.
She makes the turn for the other part of the channel.
It was a much nicer day than Saturday.  The sun was just about right.
She was coming down from Marquette.
Which means she is carrying a load of taconite.
Taconite is refined iron ore.  For the most part, the purer iron ore has been mined out.
They melt the iron ore into pellets.  That makes it easier to carry and there are less problems with it.
She was heading down to the Rouge Steel Mill in Dearborn.
The beam shot.
Her pilothouse.
Her stack.
Her deckhouse.
She continues on.
One more shot.


No comments: