Monday, July 31, 2023

The Baie Comeau Unloading in Windsor

 Saturday was a pretty nice day and I saw that it would be a fairly busy river day.  At first I thought that I would head up to Bay City to catch a ship that would be passing there.  Unfortunately, the construction on US-23 wasn't going to cooperate with me, so I decided to turn around and head to Detroit instead.  It looked like it was going to be busy there too.

While I was waiting for my first ship, I decided to take some pictures of the Baie Comeau as she was unloading at one of the Windsor stone docks.
I figured that I would also get a picture of the Canadian side of the Gordie Howe Bridge because it looks like they are making some good progress on it.  I think when they say it will be ready next year, it will be ready next year.
Trying to get a picture of the full boom.  I think it was switching between holds at this point.
Another stream of stone coming out.
Just another picture as she unloads.
As I type up this post, she is on her way to Toronto.


No comments: