Sunday, June 18, 2017

Friday Night Dreaming

So I saw that the Royal Jordanian 787 was going to be arriving at Detroit after work, so I decided to head over to the airport.
 This A319 was arriving from the land of Jimi Hendrix and Nirvana.  It belongs to Spirit Airlines.
 The ERJ-190 comes in for a landing under somewhat gloomy skies.  It had flown from Philadelphia.
 The Royal Jordanian 787 had a slightly longer flight.  It was arriving from Amman, Jordan which meant it was a 12 hour flight.
 When I first started to follow this flight, it was arriving on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Then it was connecting in Montreal before continuing to Detroit.  This made it difficult to catch.
 On Friday it was a direct flight from Amman that arrived around 6:00.
 Next up was the A330 arriving from Beijing.  I found out that the 747 routes into Detroit are going to be replaced with A350's towards the end of the year.  If you squint a bit, the A350 kind of looks like a 787 and like the 787, it will be produced with a carbon fiber body and wings.  I think the first flight will be in October.
 After the A330, I was going to try to catch the Air France A340 but I wasn't able to make it in time.  In fact, I was stopped at the light at the time it passed by.  If it weren't for the truck, I would have got it.  So I went back to my other spot to catch a 757 coming in.
 This particular one was arriving from Mexico City.
 I didn't realize at the time I was following it, but this plane was arriving from Grand Rapids, MI.
 Normally, I don't post two pictures of a CRJ, but I liked this shot.
 This Embrear 170 was arriving from Chicago O'Hare.
 A CRJ coming in from Knoxville.
 A United A319 flies in from San Francisco.  I didn't see any flowers in its hair though.
 A CJR arriving from northern Michigan.
 This is another plane I was waiting for.
 The MD-11 coming from Memphis.  I'm not sure if this is a daily flight or not but it usually arrives at about the same time.  It is known as Fed Ex Flight 505.
 This particular 757-300 was coming in from Seattle.
 This CRJ-200 was arriving from Eastern Iowa.
 This CRJ was coming in from Traverse City.
 Of course, I was going to end my night with a 757.
It was even better that it was a 757-300.  I love the looks of these planes.  And this one was coming back from Sunny Los Angeles.

No comments: