Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Standing Amongst the Jumbos

I decided to go planewatching on Sunday.  I didn't really feel like doing much of anything but I did feel like catching the Jumbos.
 N666US is one of the 747-400s that was originally owned by Northwest.  It was built in 1989 and was one of the first 747-400s put into service.  It was built in Everett, Washington which is by Seattle.  This particular one was flying from Seoul, South Korea.
 The 747 was followed fairly closely by this 757-200 that was arriving from Seattle.
 I ended up making breakfast and then coming back to the airport to catch the afternoon 747s.  Obviously, this is not a 747 but an Airbus 320 that belongs to Frontier Airlines.  Each of their planes has a different animal on the tail (well I'm not sure if they are all different but they have a series) and this one has a fox.  I think they also have a name for each plane and this is Peachy the Fox.
 No special names for the CRJs, but this one was arriving from Milwaukee.
 An Endeavor Air CRJ-900 arriving from Midway Airport in Chicago.
 An ERJ-175 arriving from Houston.
 A SkyWest CRJ-200 arriving from Cherry Capital Airport in Traverse City.
 Another SkyWest CRJ-200, but this one was arriving from Quad City Airport in Moline, Illinois.
 An A320 belonging to Spirit Airlines arrives from Minneapolis, Minnesota.
 A Spirit Airlines A320 flies in from Kansas City, MO.
 N669US is another 747-400 that belong to Northwest prior to the merger.  This particular one was delivered to them in August of 1990.  In this picture, it was arriving from Shanghai.
 I can't make out the tail number on this 757, but I like the picture.
 This Airbus 320 was arriving from Minneapolis.
 N596NW is one of the 757-300s that was bought by Northwest before the merger.  It first starting flying in 2003.  While I was taking this picture, it was arriving from Los Angeles.
 Another SkyWest CRJ-200 and this one was arriving from Kalamazoo.
 A 737-900 arriving from Seattle.
 I think this is the A330 arriving from Frankfurt.
 A CRJ flying in from Birmingham.
 A Delta 757 flies in from San Francisco.  By this time, the wind was picking up and I heard a couple of wind shear advisories.  I think that kind of messed up the patterns of the planes coming in.
 I don't normally see the planes that are run by United proper.  Usually when I do, it's either an A319 or A320.  So I was kind of happy to see one of their 737's.  This particular one was arriving from San Francisco.
 A Delta 717 arriving from O'Hare.
 An Endeavor CRJ-200 arriving from Des Moines.
 Another plane arriving from Milwaukee.
 And this CRJ was arriving from Pellston.
 An Endeavor CRJ-900 coming in from Madison.
 An A319 coming in from Boston.
 A CRJ arriving from Green Bay.
 N674US is another one of the 747s that came from Northwest.  This particular one was delivered in 1999.  It was arriving from Tokyo.
And I end with a 737 belonging to AeroMexico that was coming in from Mexico City.

No comments: