Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The Manitowoc Pays a Visit to Grand Haven

After finishing up with the Alpena, I headed up to Grand Haven in order to catch another ship.
 As I was watching the ship come in, I saw this Dolphin helicopter fly by.  It was still pretty windy and something tells me that the crew may have been looking for someone that got into trouble.
 It wasn't long before the Manitowoc came into the channel.
 There were a few pleasure boats and it was tough getting pictures without them in it.  But I liked this one.
 I was trying to get the lighthouse in the pictures.  And I kind of like the puff of smoke.
 I'm not sure if I like this shot....
 ....or this shot.
 I was in the right spot to get the headshot.  It's amazing how big these ships when they are close.
 I wanted to get a shot of the flags.

 A shot of her bow.
 Pilothouse.
 Since the ship was close enough, I tried to get a shot of the plimsoll lines.
 Another shot of her pilothouse.  I like the looks of these ships.  For some reason, they remind me of a warship.

 A shot of her flag flapping in the strong wind.
She was delivering coal to the power plant.  I took to long with these pictures to even try getting pictures as she came into the power plant.  As it was, they were having the Strawberry Moon festival and I wasn't sure if I could get a parking spot over there.

No comments: