Sunday, June 18, 2017

Lunchtime at the Ann Arbor Airport

It was a pretty nice day on Friday and my usual lunch crowd had the day off, so I decided to go catch some planes at the Ann Arbor Airport.  I wish that it were busier sometimes because it is pretty nice to take pictures at.
 For the most part, the planes were doing touch and goes which means that I got more than enough pictures of some of them.
 This is a Cessna 152.
 I heard this plane flying above, so I looked up and got a picture of it.  It was show up a little later.
 This is a Cessna 152 that I see quite a bit at the airport.
 It's kind of neat.
 The side shot.
 Next up was a Piper Arrow.  I think this was flying from somewhere but I'm not sure where.
 The side angle.
 Another shot of the Cessna that I normally see.
 The almost side shot of it.
 This is the plane that was flying overhead.  I'm not sure where it was arriving from but I'm sure it was arriving from somewhere.
 It is a Cessna Centurion.  The Cessna Centurion is essentially the famous Cessna on steroids.  It was first flown in 1957 and introduced in that year.  Unless the four seats of the normal Cessna, it has six.  It is powered with a Continental 310 horsepower engine which gives it a top speed of 204 knots.
 And it's the 152 again.
 This particular aircraft is a Piper Saratoga and is powered with a Lycoming 300 horsepower engine.  It was first produced in 1975 and production discontinued in 2009.
 The plane was flown from Somerset, New Jersey to Ann Arbor, Michigan.  It was a three hour flight and I can't imagine being in one of these planes for three hours.
 And I ended the day with another set of 152 pictures.
And the straight out shot.  It seems that I would be looking at bigger planes later in the day.

No comments: