Saturday, June 24, 2017

Heading Down to Magee

It's been a while since I've been down to Magee Marsh Wildlife Area.  I've been meaning to go there for a couple of weeks now.  I wanted to see if the eaglets were flying yet. 
 I arrived in time to see one of the eagles bringing in breakfast.  Sadly, I didn't have my camera ready in time.  I did manage to catch this young eagle in the nest though.
 Next I was going to take a walk through the trail but there were way too many bugs.  I did manage to catch a picture of this yellow bird though.  I think it may be an orange headed warbler but don't quote me on that.
 I was about ready to rule my day a bust but then I saw this crane in the marsh.  The water was calm enough to give me a nice reflection.  So I watched him for a while.
 He might have been fishing.  He was looking pretty intently at the water.
 He was standing tall.
 I would have liked this picture if there were a water lily in it.
 I think this is a wild rose.
 A purple martin.

 I tried to get one of the purple martins in flight but I didn't have much success.
A pair of purple martins.

No comments: