Saturday, June 10, 2017

Lunchtime Planewatching

So yesterday I decided that I wanted to do some planewatching at Ann Arbor Airport.  I work about a mile away from it.  I grabbed a lunch to go and parked myself in my normal spot at the airport.
 As I was eating lunch, I barely caught this 727 as it was getting into the approach pattern for Willow Run.  As it turned out, this was a portend of things to come later in the day.
 This is the Cessna 152 that is owned by the University of Michigan Flyers Club.  I've seen this plane several times now.
 Next up was Piper Arrow III.  I kind of liked the way this one turned out.  It kind of reminded me of the scene in North by Northwest where Cary Grant is being chased by an airplane.
 Fortunately, I didn't have to worry about that happening.
 I do think this is a cool looking plane.
 Another shot of the Cessna 152.
 Next up was a plane that I caught on Flightaware coming into Ann Arbor Airport.  I think this plane was coming down from Houghton, MI.
 The Cessna 310 first flew in January of 1953.  It was the first twin engine plane built by Cessna after World War II.  The original version was powered by two Continental O-470B engines giving it a total of 480 horsepower.  This gave it a cruising speed of 205 miles per hour.  It had one pilot and could carry four passengers.
 The first production aircraft rolled off the line in 1954 and the last one in 1980.
It was a fairly popular aircraft and by the end of its production 6,321 were produced.
 And that brings us back to the Cessna that started this post.
And one more shot before heading back to work.

No comments: