Thursday, June 8, 2017

Waiting for the Wolverine

As I was getting close to home, I looked at the time and realized it was about time for the Westbound Wolverine to pass Ypsilanti.
 I stopped off at Depot Town and looked at the Amtrak Tracker and saw that it was just leaving Ann Arbor.  That gave me roughly 10 minutes to get ready.
 I moved over to the spot that I wanted to use and it wasn't long before the lights went on indicating that the train was approaching.  As they were going off, there was a person that was starting to cross the tracks (I didn't get a picture of him though) and I was starting to thing that I might get a little more than I wanted in my picture.  Fortunately, I didn't get pictures of that.  To be honest, I know that I wouldn't want pictures of that.  Especially since it's completely avoidable.
 At the 60 mph or whatever it was going, it didn't take long for it to pass.
I guess I wanted a shot of the depot building too.  Maybe someday, the train will stop here.

No comments: