Friday, March 15, 2019

A Return to the Aluminum Aviary

It rained on and off all day yesterday.  It was raining just before I was ready to leave work but I was looking forward to going planewatching last night.  I was looking forward to going planewatching because there was a plane I wanted to catch and I saw that I had a chance to catch it.
 First up was a 737 belonging to Southwest Airlines.  This is not one of the 737 MAXs that was grounded by the FAA (and other regulatory entities).  The main difference between this 737 and the MAX is the engines.  The MAX has engines that look similar to the 787.   Because the engines are different, they are mounted differently and that might be part of the problem.  Until we see the report, all of this is idle speculation.
 This particular 737 was arriving from Midway but it was supposed to go to Grand Rapids.  I think it was diverted because of the weather they were having.
 A Jet Blue Embrear E190 arriving from Boston.
 An A319 arriving from Mexico City.
 This Lufthansa A340 was on her way to Frankfurt.
 Another Southwest 737.  This one was arriving from Dallas Love Field.
 I love their livery.  It is nice to see color.
 And they have an especially colorful livery.
 A 757 coming in.
 This one belongs to Fed Ex and it's always nice to see 757s in other liveries.
 This particular one was arriving from Indianapolis.
 With the nasty weather that just passed through, the clouds looked pretty cool.
 I'm not normally a fan of stern shots, but I loved the clouds.  You can even see another plane in this picture.
 An American 737 coming in from Dallas-Fort Worth.  American is the another US carrier that uses the 737 MAX but this isn't one of them.
 A 757 arriving from Orlando.
 Another plane I was waiting for.
 This is a DC-10 belonging to Fed Ex.  Actually, it is an MD-10 which is an improved DC-10.  They took out the need for a flight engineer.
 This particular plane was arriving from Memphis.
 An A319 arriving from Reagan International Airport.
 A 757 arriving from Phoenix.
 This one was a 757-300 which is the stretch version.
 This particular one was arriving from Fort Myers, Florida.
 There was quite a bit of moisture in the air as evidenced by the vapors trailing from the flaps.
 I loved the clouds yesterday.
 One more angle of the 757.
 The plane I was waiting for was this plane.
 It is a 787 belonging to Royal Jordanian Airlines.  It was coming here from Amman, Jordan.  It makes a stop in Montreal before it continues to Detroit.  I'm not sure if that's for fuel reasons.
 I suspect it might be so they have a better shot of filling the flight.
 I actually love the looks of this plane.
And the livery isn't too bad either.

As I was heading home, I found out that my area was under a tornado watch.  That made for an interesting evening.  Fortunately nothing happened around here.

No comments: