Saturday, March 2, 2019

Catching the Triple Nickel

After catching the train, I decided that I would head over to the airport.  That also seems like a good activity when I don't feel like doing much else.  It's not particularly taxing to watch planes.  Especially since I have a pretty good idea of when they are coming.
 First up was a 757 arriving from Orlando, Florida.  The 757 of course being my favorite plane.
 Another angle of that plane.
 And one more angle of that plane.
 It was followed by an Embrear 145 belonging to American Eagle.  This plane was flying from Philadelphia.
 Next up was an A321.  I call the A321 the knockoff version of the 757. It kind of looks like a 757 and I think it has roughly the same capacity.  It is a newer design as it first flew in 1993 and was introduced to Lufthansa in 1994.  There have been 1850 produced since then.
 It was followed by an A330 arriving from London Heathrow.
 And that was followed by an A330 from Paris.
 I'm not normally an Airbus fan but I do like these planes.
 It was followed by a Southwest 737.
 This particular plane was arriving from Atlanta.
 I do like their livery.
 An MD-90 also arriving from Atlanta.
 The MD-90 is only going to be in service a few more years.
 Next up was a 767 arriving from Frankfurt.
 Another angle of that plane.

 Probably my favorite angle.
 This MD-90 was arriving from Jacksonville.
 It was followed by a 757 from Tampa.  Today was a pretty good day for me because I saw a few of these planes.
 I do think  this is a beautiful plane.
 One more angle.
 Next up was an A340.
 This one belonged to Lufthansa
 And it was arriving from Frankfurt as well.
 A Spirit Airlines A320 arriving from Jacksonville.
 And another 757.
 This one was arriving from Fort Myers, Florida.
Another angle of that plane.
 This plane was a surprise.
 A Beechcraft Super King Air but I'm not sure where it was coming from as it was blocked.
 One more angle.
 And this is the plane that is the reason for the title of this post.
 It is N555NW and is a 757.  I call it triple nickel because of the 5s in its tail number.
 It was arriving from Seattle.
And it makes a perfect bookend for the post since I started with a 757.

No comments: