Sunday, March 31, 2019

A Rainy Day Calls for Planes

Or something like that for a title.  I was thinking about train watching yesterday but I got a bit of a late start.  It was raining as I left the apartment but it stopped after I took care of some things.  I decided to head over to the airport and then possibly a train watching spot I found in Romulus.
 First up was an E190 arriving from Monterrey.
 As I saw this plane come in, I remembered why I like rainy days for pictures.  I love the way the flaps cut through the air, creating some vortices.
 I think that effect is most prominent on the Mad Dog series.  As this one arriving from New Orleans shows.
 A CRJ-200 coming in from Greensboro, South Carolina.
 Another 717 arriving from Orchard Field in Chicago.
 A Southwest 737 coming from Dallas-Love Field.  Love Field is the smaller of the Dallas fields and I think it charges lower landing fees that Dallas-Fort Worth.  As a result, Southwest uses it.
 A Delta 737 coming in from Las Vegas.
 An Alaska Airlines 737 coming in from Seattle.
 A Delta A321 arriving from Phoenix.
 Another angle of that plane.
 A Delta 737 coming in from San Francisco.
 This 717 was arriving from Minneapolis.
 A 757 landing on one of the other runways from City of Tampa.
 I can't call it Tampa Bay because that's actually the Bay and this isn't a seaplane.
 An A350 coming in from Amsterdam.  I didn't think I would catch this plane because I thought it would arrive on the furthest runway from me.  It didn't and I'm happy.
 I couldn't make out the tail number of this one.
 A 757 arriving from Los Angeles.
 It was followed by another 757.  This one was arriving from Seattle.
 Another angle of that plane.
 An A330 arriving from Amsterdam.  Like the A350, I was not expecting to catch this plane.
 As I was getting ready to leave, I saw that there was one more plane I would be interested in catching.
 This A220 was arriving from Dallas-Fort Worth.
 It is one of the newest in Delta's fleet.
I went over to the train watching spot but I didn't feel like sticking around to catch a train.  It is not quite as busy as some of the other spots I go to. But it might do in a pinch.

No comments: