Monday, February 17, 2020

Catching a Train

As I finished dinner yesterday, I heard the distinctive sound of a train horn.  I don't think I've caught a train in Bay City in a while.  I'm pretty sure I've never actually caught one in action in the city.  Granted, this weren't actually in the city but they were in action.
 The train belongs to the Huron and Eastern which is a short haul railroad based in Bay City.
 At one time they were owned by Rail America which was a group that was buying up all sorts of short haul railroads.  I think they ended up getting bought by someone else.
 I'm pretty sure I've seen these colors before but I don't remember which railroad.
 It was just an engine trio, so I didn't see any cars.
One more shot.

While I didn't see the snowy owls that I was hoping to see, I saw enough other stuff that it kind of made up for that.

No comments: