Thursday, February 20, 2020

Return of an Old Friend and Seeing a New One

This is something I've been waiting for since November (or so).  It is finally light enough after work that it is worth my time to head to the airport for my Thursday night tradition.  It is usually Monday and Thursday night when I can see the Royal Jordanian flight.
 I wasn't sure if I was going to make it there in time to catch the Royal Jordanian flight.  I was just glad that I took a chance to go to the west side of the airport because she was landing on those runways.
 This is Royal Jordanian 267.  It flies from Amman to Montreal and then Montreal to Detroit.  I'm not sure why the trip is broken into two legs but it is. 
 Anyway, this is the old friend.
 When I saw this one, I realized that it was an A320neo which is the newish Airbus design.  It had a funny picture on Flight Radar.
 When I looked up the flight information when I got home, I found out why.  It was coming from Mobile, Alabama which is a final assembly area for Airbus.  It opened in 2015 and currently produces the A320 and A220.  I would imagine if I could get in it, I would have smelled the new plane smell.
 This Delta 737 was arriving from Cancun.
 An A220 getting ready for flying to Newark.
 The Dash 8 is also a new friend of sorts.
 This is the Air Canada flight from Toronto.  For a while, they will be using the DASH 8 instead of the CRJ-200 that they have been using.
 It is pretty cool to see a propeller passenger plane.  I just wish I saw more of them.
 One more shot.
 A Delta 717 getting ready to go to Charlotte.
 I headed back to my original spot.  I saw that I had a chance to catch another old favorite.  But first, this A320 coming in from San Francisco.
 Of course the other old favorite is Fed Ex Flight 505 from Memphis.
 It is an MD-11 mostly but occasionally a DC-10.
 Unfortunately, my sun was disappearing on me but I still had enough light.
 I like the fact that I can see the sunset in the reflection.
One more shot.  I was hoping to catch the Air France 777 but it wouldn't be here for another 15 or so minutes.  I didn't think I would have enough light to catch it.  It was still nice to see my Thursday evening planes though.

No comments: