Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Northern Illinois at Eastern Michigan - In Pictures

With the basketball season winding down, I decided to go to the second half of the game tonight.  I got home late again, so I headed to the game after dinner.  When I arrived Eastern Michigan was leading by two.
 My shot of the game.  I don't remember if he missed it or not.
 The Northern Illinois coach, Mark Montgomery.  He used to play for Michigan State and so far his record is less than 500.
 Coach Murphy arguing with a ref.
 The Eastern Michigan cheerleaders.
Another shot of the Northern Illinois coach.

So anyways, as I looked up the box score, Eastern Michigan was leading by as many as 17 in the first half.  Northern Illinois closed the gap to 2 at the end of the half.  Even in the second half, Eastern Michigan was leading by as much as 9 points.  They gave up the game.  Of course, it didn't help that Eastern wasn't making their shots and Northern Illinois was but still.  This is game that Eastern Michigan had to win if they want to host the first game of the MAC Tournament (they have no chance for a bye game though).  Anyway, I'll be back on Saturday and hopefully Eastern Michigan will bounce back.

No comments: