Thursday, March 12, 2020

A Stop at Gerald R. Ford Airport

As I said in the post yesterday, I decided to head to the other side of the state.  I couldn't resist a stop at Gerald R. Ford Airport in Grand Rapids.  They have a really nice spotters' park there.
 I kind of stopped there on a lark and I wasn't sure what I would catch.  When I saw that there were a couple of planes leaving soon, I decided to stick around to catch them.
 First up was a 717 that was getting ready to head to Minneapolis.  It's cool that they have this nice park but it would be nicer if they had bigger planes.
 It gets ready to taxi to the takeoff spot.
 Passing the tower.
 This Allegiant A320 was getting ready to go to St. Petersburg in Florida.  I didn't realize that Allegiant had special livery.  It was kind of nice to see.  I actually wasn't expecting to see this plane pulling out.
 And this Southwest 737 was on its way to Fort Myers, Florida.
 This was taking off from the other runway.
 It makes for a pretty nice view.
 And it takes off.
 And then the A320 taxis for takeoff. 
 I had to pay attention to get a headshot but it was pretty nice.
 I didn't get a picture in front of the control tower but I do like these views.
 It taxis by.
 The 717 gets ready for takeoff.  I wasn't expecting it to take off from this runway but the winds were variable.
 I kind of like this view with the Fed EX A300 behind it.
 And the nose pitches up.
 Airborne.
 One more shot.
 The A320 goes on its takeoff roll.
 Rotate and take off.
I was surprised to see this United CRJ-550 coming in.  I think it was a new one because the picture on FlightRadar was the the house livery.  It was pretty cool to see this plane in the new United livery though.  I think this plane wears it pretty well.

And on a side note, this is my 7,500 post.  I suppose it's appropriate that it's planes.  It would have been nice to be ships but since those aren't stirring yet, I guess planes will do.  Anyway, I look forward to the next 7,500.

No comments: