Sunday, March 15, 2020

Mad Dogs, Princesses and the Return of an Old Friend

So on Friday I got out of work early.  I found out that I get to stay home for the next two weeks (at least) in order to help fight the coronavirus.  I don't have it but this is a precaution on the part of where I work.  So  I went home and looked at FlightRadar and saw that something was coming in that I haven't caught yet.
 First up was a Spirit A320 from Atlanta.
 Another view of it with a beacon shot.
 An A320 from Palm Beach.
 A 737 coming in from Montego Bay.
 I don't normally take pictures of CRJs but this one was arriving from a person I follow on Twitter.
 Flight 505 from Memphis.  Tonight it was a DC-10.
 This CRJ was coming in from Toronto.  For  the life of me, I don't know what I wanted a picture of it.
 The first of the Princesses.   The Princess is what I call the 757 because I think it is a pretty aircraft.
 This particular one was coming in from Orlando.
 The side view of it.
 It was followed by another 757.  This one was the 200 version.
 It was arriving from Newark.  And as I looked at FlightAware today, I think it is still parked in Detroit.  With the coronavirus, the airlines are putting quite a few planes in layup.  I think Delta has some space at Detroit, so they might be using it.
 The almost side shot.
 and one more.
 At one time, the 717 would have been known as the MD-95 but the merger happened between Boeing and McDonnel-Douglas.  When Boeing took over, they called it the 717.
 An E175 coming in from LaGuardia.
 An A350 arriving from Amsterdam.
 A 717 coming in from Windsor Locks, CT.  If you look closely at the bottom, you can see an A321 on the upwind leg.
 A 737 coming in from San Juan, Puerto Rico.
 A 717 arriving from Dallas-Fort Worth.
 I think this is the A321 from the picture above.  It was arriving Fort Lauderdale.
 I kind of liked the bird in this picture.
 And a beacon shot.
 This CRJ was arriving from Harrisville, PA.
 This CRJ was coming in from Albany which the home of another person I follow on Twitter.
 An A320 coming in from LaGuardia.
 Another 717, this one was coming in from Raleigh-Durham.
 This is the plane that I was interesting in catching.  It is a 757 of course.
 But it is one wearing UPS livery and I don't think I've caught a UPS plane in the wild yet.  I've caught a few on the ground but never in the air.
 This particular one was coming in from Syracuse, New York.
 One more shot of it.
 A 737 coming in from Tampa.
 An A321 coming in from Reagan National in Washington DC.  This is part of the reason why I like twilight shots.  Many people don't like the discoloring of the livery but I don't car, I think it makes for a cool shot.
 An A320 arriving from Baltimore-Washington Airport.
 And this is the old friend.
 Because it typically arrives later, I haven't had a chance to catch it yet.
 So I was happy to catch it.  It is the 787 arriving from Paris.
 One more shot of it.
 And I stuck around for one more plane.
I like the Frontier livery.  This particular one was arriving from Orlando.

And that was my night Friday.

No comments: