Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Trying to Find Normalcy in the Midst of Craziness

As promised, here are the rest of my planes.  I only stayed at the airport for about a half hour.  Normally, I would have seen a couple of the foreign planes and a couple more 757s but quite a few of the flights were cancelled.  It is my understanding that many of the flights I did see were way under capacity.  Anyway, pictures.
 First up was a CRJ coming in from Erie, PA.  It is my understanding that will the bigger planes flying below capacity, the regional airlines might see more business.
 A 717 coming in from Baltimore-Washington International Airport.  Washington DC has three airports.  Baltimore-Washington is a little further out but I think quite a few people use it because it's easier to get in and out of.
 Another angle of that plane.  I really like the DC-9 family of planes.  I've heard that Delta may end up retiring their MD-88s and MD-90s because of this.
 An A319 coming in from Jacksonville, Florida.
 Another 717.
 This particular one was coming in from Raleigh-Durham.
 An A321 coming in from Boston.
 Another angle of that plane.
 An E170 coming in from Columbus, Ohio.
 Another A319.
 This one was coming in from LaGuardia.
 A 737 coming in from Atlanta.
 Another A321.  This one was coming in from Sarasota, Florida.
 I was going for another plane, but I could deal with a bonus A220.
 This plane is growing on me.  I think it is a pretty nice looking plane.
 I couldn't pass up on a beacon shot.
 And one more.
 A Spirit A320 coming in from Orlando.
 And it was followed by the plane that got me to go down to the airport.
 It was the lone 757 flight I think.  Normally there are three at this time.
 It was coming in from Orlando.
One more shot.
Another shot of the A350 coming in from Narita, Japan.  I have a feeling this may be the last heavy that I will see for a while.

That being said, I'm sure everything will bounce back but I don't think it will be over as soon as we'd like.

No comments: