Saturday, March 14, 2020

A Proper Return to the Aluminum Aviary

With the days lengthening and the return of daylight saving time, that meant I had more time to go to the aluminum aviary after work on Thursday.  I was hoping to catch the Royal Jordanian and Air France 787s but both were seriously delay, so it wasn't meant to be.  But  I caught some other planes.
 First up was the Alaska Airlines A320 from Seattle.  Apparently, the guy on the tail is a sketch of a man who used to handle baggage at Anchorage Airport back in the day.  That is pretty neat.
 An Embrear E170 belonging for United Express coming in from O'Hare.
 This American 737 was arriving from Dallas-Fort Worth.
 A Delta A321 coming in from Minneapolis. 
 This CRJ-200 was a diversion from Iron Mountain.  Seems like a long way for it but maybe they needed it at Detroit.
 Since I didn't catch the 787s, I put myself in position to catch the MD-11 from Memphis.
 This is Flight 505 for Fed Ex.  I think it flies every day but Sunday and Monday.
 It is cool to see this plane.
 One more view.
 A Southwest 737 from St. Louis.
 An American Eagle E175 from LaGuardia.
 This Delta 737 was coming in from Montego Bay.  It is getting warmer, so maybe it wasn't too much of a shock for these passengers.
 I will admit that this plane is growing on me.
 It is the A220.
 And it was coming in from Newark.
 A 717 arriving from Bradley Locks.  I read an article that Delta may retire the MD-88 and MD-90 sooner than expected because of the coronavirus situation.  I also read that they've laid up 300 aircraft.  Anyway, enough of that.
 A 757 coming from Orlando.
 Another view of that plane.
 A Delta A321 from LaGuardia.  I would love to see the new Delta "Thank You" plane one of these days.
 A Dassault Falcon coming from somewhere.
 A Spirit A320 neo from LaGuardia.
 This 717 was coming in from Philadelphia.  I didn't notice the vapor trails when I was taking this picture but kind of neat.
 An A350 coming in from Amsterdam.
 Another angle with a beacon shot.
 One more.
 An A321 coming in from Phoenix.
 The last plane that I was waiting for.
 This was another Fed Ex flight coming in from Memphis.
 I think this one is a supplement to the MD-11 because it doesn't come in as often.
And one more shot as I head home.

No comments: