Saturday, March 20, 2021

A Stop at Gallup Park

After the train, I went back to Island Park to see if I could get the owls.  I didn't see them but I still had a bit of light left so I decided to head over to Gallup Park.  It has been a while since I've been to Gallup but with the weather getting nicer, I'm gonna have to head over there so I can walk a bit after work.
The light was just about perfect when I arrived.  The sun was starting to set, so I was getting some of the nice orange light.  I caught this guy as he was starting to swim to me.
And then he started to turn.
I think this is a mute swan because of the little thing over his beak.
If I remember correctly, mute swans are not native to North America.  I think they have been naturalized here over the years though but they are still considered as invasive.
They still look pretty nice.
And a nice reflection.
And then I saw a mallard.  These are not invasive species.
I kind of like this angle.
A female mallard.  I think she was trying to get the water off her wings.  
Back to the male mallard.  The light was hitting him just right.  I like how their heads look green in the right light.
One more shot as my light was started to wane fairly quickly.  It was nice to get the park though.

No comments: