Sunday, March 14, 2021

A Windy Night for the 27s

 Just before I got out of work Friday night, I took a quite look at the Michigan Planespotting group and saw  that they were using the 27s.  Typically when they are using the 27s, it is pretty windy.  It is rare when they do but it makes for some neat pictures.  I decided it would be a good night for pictures.

I didn't arrive in time to catch this plane landing but I did catch it taxiing which is still pretty cool.
It was a 757-300 coming in from Fort Myers.
This is one of the reasons that I like catching flights on the 27s.  It makes for a pretty different view.
This CRJ-900 was coming in from Elmira.
And this CRJ-900 was arriving from Nashville.
This is another reason why I like 27s, when they use the other runway, you can get kind of a skyline shot in.
This Spirit A319 was arriving from Orlando.
A 757-300 coming in from Phoenix.
Kicks up a little bit of smoke.
Taxis off the runway with beacon lights.
Passes the employee parking lot.
A CRJ-200 coming in from Traverse City.
I think this American 737 was coming in from Dallas.
An Airbus A321.
A puff of smoke as it lands.
It was coming in from Fort Lauderdale.
One more shot.
A Delta 737 coming in from Montego Bay, Jamaica.
Another 757.
This one was arriving from Atlanta.
Since I like this plane, a few pictures.
It turns into the taxiway.

ONe more turn.
Another Spirit Airlines plane.
This A320 was coming in from Houston.
An A220.
This particular one was arriving from Minneapolis.
Some beacon lights and a puff of smoke as it lands.
It slows down.
Starts to turn for the taxiway.
A headshot.
An American 737 coming in from Denver, I think.
An A319 arriving from San Antonio.
And a Southwest 737 from Denver.
An Embrear 175 coming in from Philadelphia.
I waited around to catch this plane.
It was a TUI 787 coming in from London Gatwick airport.
I was hoping that it would come in on 27 but the winds had shifted a bit.
But still a nice picture.
Another beacon shot.
A small puff of smoke as it touches down.
One more shot before leaving.


No comments: