Sunday, March 14, 2021

Return of Some Old Friends

 So on Thursday I decided to head over to the aluminum aviary.  With it getting darker later, I had a little more time than usual to catch some planes.  I was also hoping to catch the Royal Jordanian 787.

I didn't make it over in time to catch the Royal Jordanian 787.  It was landing as I was getting in the parking spot.  Unfortunately, I didn't have time to put my big lens off and by the time I did, she wasn't in a spot where I could catch her.  I did catch this CRJ-900 as it arrived from 900.
Next up was another CRJ-900 but this one was coming in from Newark.
This 757-300 ended up landing on the other runway.
But that wasn't much of a shock as it was coming in from Phoenix.
One more shot.
A Cessna Citation coming in from Palm Beach.
It was a little windy, so I got to catch a little crabbing action, that is kind of cool because I get a pretty good frontal shot.
This A321 was arriving from Fort Lauderdale.
Next up was another 757.
This particular one was arriving from Atlanta.
Given that I've caught this flight a few times, I think this may be a regular flight.
It is one of the few 757-200s that I see.
One more because I love this plane.
An ERJ-175 arriving from Philadelphia.
It was followed by another 757.
This particular one was coming in from Louisville.
And was owned by UPS.
I love catching the cargo version of the 757.
Without the passenger windows, it looks so clean.
Interestingly enough, I've see quite a few cargo planes during this pandemic.
And I love the clean lines of the 757.
One more shot.
A CRJ-200 coming in from State College, Pennsylvania.
And a 737 coming in from Montego Bay, Jamaica.
It was followed by a CRJ-900 from Knoxville.
Another shot of that plane.
This was kind of neat, as I was looking at FlightRadar to see what the next plane was, I saw this guy flying along.
It was a C-17 with an odd call sign.
I decided to get one more shot of it.
The next plane was another odd flight.
It was an A350 coming over from Brussels but I don't think it was a passenger flight.
I think it was carrying cargo of some sort and if I had to guess, it was semiconductors for one of the auto companies.
Anyway, it was kind of neat to see an A350.
While I've see a few, I haven't seen as many as I used to.
A CRJ-200 coming in from Burlington, Vermont.
A Spirit Airlines A319 coming in from Orlando.
It was kind of neat seeing this plane.   It was coming in an 21R which meant it almost flew right over me.  It is a Citation coming in from Columbus.
A CRJ-900 belonging to American Airlines coming in from Charlotte.
Another Cessna Citation.  I love catching business jets but I don't remember where this one was coming from.
Another plane that I was waiting for.
Mainly because it's been a while since I've see it.
It is the Air France 787 coming in from Paris.
I'm not sure if it's carrying passengers but I think it is since it's the normal flight.
But I suspect it is not a full flight.



No comments: