Monday, March 29, 2021

Catching the Blair McKeil as she Passes Belle Isle

Well, the Soo Locks are open and that means the shipping season is in earnest now.  It was sunny on Saturday, so I decided to head down to Belle Isle to catch a couple of ships.

First up was the Blair McKeil.
She is owned by McKeil Marine out of Toronto.  I will have to say that they have nice looking ships.
She is headed up to Baie Comeau which is where the waters start to get a little on the brackish side.
I think she is carrying asphalt, but I am not sure.
At anyrate, as I type this post, she is still on her way to Baie Comeau.  I think it is roughly a 3 or 4 day journey from Detroit.
Getting close to the beam shot.
And the beam shot.
I would have brought my drone down but it was a little on the windy side and my drone doesn't do wind too well.
She pulls away.
You can see the next ship.
And the next ship gets a little closer.
 

No comments: