Sunday, August 25, 2024

And the Ever Lovely Kaye E. Barker

 I wasn't sure if I would be able to catch this ship.  She was quite a bit behind the Clarke and I didn't think she'd be around when I wanted to leave.  However, the Clarke took her time and that let this ship catch up a bit.

I was going to try to catch her in Marine City, but she was going too fast for that.  It was a little warmer here, which meant it was a little hazier.
She makes the turn for this part of the river.
I get a head shot here, but it's far away, so it's not very clear.
The Barker had an interesting past couple of days.
First, she unloaded at the Rouge Steel Mill but it was at night.  I was hoping to catch her as she headed up the Rouge River, but that was also early.
I thought I would be able to catch her yesterday, but she headed to Toledo.  I'm not sure if she had a split load.
The she headed back to Zug Island.  I think she picked up something there because she looks like she might be loaded.
And now she is heading up to Marquette.
I like catching this ship because she's nice looking.
It wasn't cloudy in St. Clair, so I was getting sunlight.
She passes.
The beam shot.
She starts to pass buy is passed by a Chris Craft, so this is two classics in one picture.
She continues on her way.  There were a few clouds over Canada.
She was booking.
An almost stern shot.
And one more shot.


No comments: