Saturday, August 10, 2024

The Frontenac Pays a Visit

 I wanted to do something today but it didn't look like things were going to cooperate.  And then I saw that the Frontenac was coming down but it was going to be later.  

After some waffling, I ended up heading down to Riverside tonight.  It was pretty busy but I was able to get a parking spot.
I went to my normal spot to take pictures, the park can absorb a few people.  It was actually fairly relaxing except for the people peeling out of the parking lot.
I wasn't sure if I would get her before it turned dark, but I was able to bump up the film speed on my camera to get her.
It was a little on the windy side, so I was able to get some wave action.
She makes a turn for the channel, she was actually heading to the stone dock across the river in Windsor.
But I'm not sure where she was coming from.
I just know that she is one of the ships I try to catch when I can.
I was surprised to see that she was getting a visit from the M.S. Westcott.  Like I said, she was just going across the river.  Maybe they were making a pizza delivery.
I like this shot.
She approaches Windsor.
Carrying a load of Windsor.
The Westcott at her side.
She passes under the Ambassador Bridge and the Westcott peeling away.
She continues down the river.
A sort of stern shot.
the Gordie Howe Bridge.
I like this shot, especially with the flags above her.
She makes the turn for her dock.
She continues her turn.
She's almost pulled into her dock.
One more picture of her before the next ship.


No comments: