Sunday, August 25, 2024

Catching Up with the Philip R. Clarke

 And now to the main attraction.

I was hoping to catch the Clarke yesterday but she was passing Detroit too early in the morning.  She was heading to Cleveland with I presume a load of iron ore.  She carries 25,000 tons of it.
She left Cleveland late in the afternoon, so I thought she would be passing Detroit before dawn.  So I was pretty sure I wasn't going to catch her.
But she ended up stopping at Mistersky, which gave me a chance to catch her.
So I had lunch and headed up to Port Huron.
Unfortunately, she was moving slowly up the river and I thought I might end up missing her.
But that kind of worked to my advantage because I caught her in better light.
It was a little cooler here, so it wasn't quite so hazy.
A seagull passing in front of her.
The bow shot.
She makes a turn for the channel.
Love this angle.
Continuing.
Framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
A relatively clean background.
She passes the Bridge.
The sun peeked out for this shot.
She continues to Lake Huron.
Love the water here.
She is flying a pirate flag.
Her deck house.
She continues out to Lake Huron.
She is on her way to Marquette, where I guess she will be picking up iron pellets.


No comments: