Monday, August 12, 2024

Catching Up With the American Integrity

 It was my birthday today and I decided that I wanted to go boatwatching.   First I had to stop to get some blood work but I got in and out fairly quickly.  As I was heading down I-94 to get to Port Huron, traffic stopped.  I didn't see any signs for construction, so I figured it was an accident.  As I as coming to the scene of the accident, I saw a pretty beat up car getting pulled up on the wrecker.  Then I saw a container being pulled up on another wrecker and then I saw the container truck missing a container.  I hope nobody was hurt.

As a result of all of that, I missed the ship that I really wanted to catch.  I saw that the Algoma Bear was heading up and I was hoping to catch her, since I haven't caught her yet and she is the newest ship on the lakes.  Oh well, I guess it will be another day.  Anyway.

The American Integrity was about an hour behind, so I decided to catch her.
I'm not sure where she was heading from but she was heading to Two Harbors.
I assume that means she will be picking up a load of iron ore (but it will be way more than 26 tons).
I like catching ships in Port Huron because I get to see all angles of them.
I think this is my favorite angle though.  It gives an idea of the size of the ship.
She continues her turn for the channel.
The bow shot that I really like.
She finishes her turn.
One more shot with my regular camera.
It wasn't too windy, so I was able to get some drone shots.  I think the spot in the middle is roughly the channel.
She continues through the bridge.
I like this angle with my drone.
she continues and I had to raise my drone.
This is what 1000 feet looks like.
The beam shot as she heads into Lake Huron.
I can see why they call it the Blue Water area.
And she continues for Lake Huron and beyond.


No comments: