Sunday, August 18, 2024

The Bogdan Makes an Appearance

 The next one is a ship that I was not expecting to catch.

She was at the grain elevator in Windsor when I started.  I did not notice that she started to move.
Her destination was listed as Sault Ste. Marie.
I think she will pick up steel coils there.
I am not sure where she will take them, but since she's a saltie, it is likely they will go overseas.
She is the Bogdan and is owed by Navibulgar out of Bulgaria.
She was built in 1997 in the Varna Shipyard in Bulgaria.
She is 142 meters long (roughly 450 feet) and 22 meters wide (roughly 75 feet).
She can carry 10,000 tons of cargo.
She is currently registered in Malta.  Like many salties, she uses a flag of convenience.
She continues on her way.
One more picture as the rain started again.  It wasn't too bad as it stopped before I left Detroit.


No comments: