Sunday, October 16, 2016

A Visit to the Little Sable Lighthouse

Next I headed over to Little Sable Lighthouse.
 Little Sable Lighthouse is near the Silver Lakes dunes.  I don't think I've ever taken pictures of the dunes before.
 The trip to the lighthouse is pretty nice.  I don't think I've ever taken pictures of this either.
 There's a little bit of color.

 It's kind of nice going to places like this outside of the normal tourist seasons.  It's very easy to get shots without throngs of people in them.
 It was still pretty windy here too.
 But that made it cool, so I decided to wander through the dunes a bit.  This gave me the opportunity to get some angles I don't normally get.
 I kind of liked the windswept trees surrounding the view of an angry Lake Michigan.
 A small trail leading to the lighthouse.
 I really liked this view.

 Not sure if you can tell from this picture, but there is a nice layer of sand blowing across the beach.

 I decided to walk to the other side.

 There is a hill nearby.


One more shot of the tower before leaving.

No comments: